Sunday 14 October 2012

Sunday Stash #35

Solids
During the Practically Paper Piecing Blog Hop in August I was randomly picked to win a $20 voucher from Pink Chalk Fabrics. That about covers the postage to Australia. So I chose a starter pack of 16 fat quarters of solids. I don't have many solids in my stash.

Surprise

In the past 3 weeks I have got surprise squishy mail from two of my blog buddies.
First Kristy sent me some fat eighths of 'Bella' by Lotta Jansdotter. For no other reason than she knew that Marieka and I loved them and so she split a Fat 8th pack between us. So kind.

Scraps

Then Lara sent me a FQ of Castle Peeps and some random scraps. I have used a few of the scraps in some polaroid blocks for myself. And Fran loves them. 

Isn't it amazing what a little scrap love will do to brighten a quilter's day?  Let me know if you've been on the receiving or giving end of some RASK. (You MUST share Elnora - you have lovely friends who do this for you!). 

Random Acts of Scrap Kindness (RASK). 

I think it should be a new initiative for us all. Today, if you link your stash, two of you will be in the running for some RASK squishy mail from me. Please make sure that you pop me an email with your address to findingfifth@gmail.com. 

I will NOT let you know if you are the winners - it will just turn up in your mail box and you can share on a future Sunday Stash. Then it will be YOUR turn to pay it forward and send two people you know some RASK and have them blog about it for Sunday Stash.  Hopefully it will multiply and bring happiness to lots of folks.


Next week, on October 21st, Sunday Stash will be hosted by Gemma of Pretty Bobbins  (whom I am to meet face to face in about 2 weeks - yay!) so please remember to pop over there next Sunday. She assures me that she has a great stash lined up and a BIG finish for this Friday. 

Feel free to link up below.




5 comments:

  1. Lots of fabric loveliness this week! Love the idea of RASK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely idea!!! I've loved finding out what scraps people have sent with their blocks - so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bundle from Pink Chalk! Looks like your stash has grown nicely this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love scraps! I should consider making some polaroid project as it looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The idea of RASK is brilliant! I think it's absolutely amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.